Thursday 23 January 2014

How to make a drink last 4 hours

DAY 23
Diet is difficult today. Might start
nibbling the aloe vera.
I'm sitting in All Bar One in Covent Garden waiting for my job interview...but it's about four hours from now so I've got a bit of a wait.

I'm also on a £5 budget and a 500 calorie maximum, so I'm going to drink this (Covent Garden price) diet coke very very slowly, possibly putting a beer mat on top after every tiny sip so it doesn't evaporate. 
I came in early so I could jump in a taxi to the station with my mum, whose destination is slightly more exotic than a sticky table in central London. In 30 hours, she'll be on the other side of the world in New Zealand, where it's summer and they have a nice accent and whales. But nevertheless (I hardly ever say that word in real life), today could be the beginning of a really cool career for me! And if not, it's a nice day out. I can pretend I'm businessy and important in my interview outfit. People will think I'm typing important work things. Maybe I should get an excel spreadsheet up?

I can see the offices across the road which is, now I think about it, quite a stalkery position to be in. I should have bought my journalist trench coat and newspaper with eye holes. I can check out all the other candidates. Maybe set traps for them. Come to think of it, they're probably all waiting in this bar too. 

Earlier I had a walk through the Apple Market where they usually have the buskers and street performers. There's also a food market selling shredded duck wraps and paella in big sizzling dishes and it smells AMAZING.




Sadly I've already got my lunch (vegetables) in a Tupperware box in my very stylish backpack, but I'd quite like to trade it for a duck wrap and a ben's cookie (which, if you haven't tried, are incredible. Sort of cakey, gooey inside but crispy outside, crammed with big chunks of melted chocolate. This is killing me.) I do wonder sometimes if I should just give up trying to be healthy, and live a happy life gorging on all the things I love.

I better get on with some shorthand practice now before my laptop battery dies. I'm also about one tenth of the way through my coke. Better slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment