Saturday 11 January 2014

I bloody love the countryside

Next to my house is a lane. Down the lane is a style. Over the style is the A27, and across the A27 is this:



A really pretty field that (to the right of the frame) looks over the valley towards the Rickney marshes. I don't come here much because I'm not very good at crossing roads. The A27 is definitely a 'close your eyes and run' job, so it's best if I don't do it too often. Balance of probability and all that. 

Today has been beautiful. I sandwiched horrible, horrible public affairs revision between a 2 mile run (to ease myself back into it after a persistent knee injury that doubled as an ideal excuse not to go running) and a walk this afternoon to the other side of the A27. 

There's nothing more refreshing than getting out by yourself into the countryside. I do like the gym, but nothing beats this. 



In other news, I discovered something good yesterday. The 5:2 diet seems to be working! It's only been a week, but according to the bathroom scales, I've lost 3lbs, put on 3lbs of muscle and lost nearly 2% of fat. It doesn't make sense, because on Wednesday I went to the cinema and demolished a bag of sweet and salty popcorn from Tesco (v yum) and then a pint of lager at the pub. This must be the best diet ever. 

Anyway, the moral of this blog, is that time spent alone in a beautiful place is the best cure for most things. Except for agoraphobia, and loneliness, and fear of sheep which is, according to Google, called 'ovinaphobia', a word that sounds a little bit like some kind of STD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment